Very few people really “enjoy” going to the laundromat. Dragging your laundry basket full of dirty clothes, detergent, stain remover and dryer sheets to the laundromat is always a challenge. At some point, you are going to run out of socks, though, leaving you with no other option but to suck it up and head to the laundromat in Edinburg, TX. However, there are ways to make washing your clothing at a self-service laundromat quick, easy and even less costly!
Learning these simple tricks will help make every laundry day simple—and maybe even enjoyable:
- Sort and treat at home: Completing this important step before you leave the house will help cut the time spent at the actual laundromat in half. You’ll arrive at the laundromat feeling organized and ready to go. Use pillowcases or different hampers to sort the whites from the darker clothing. Complete all stain pre-treatments as soon as possible to give it ample time to soak. This way, you’ll only have to bring the basics, like detergent and dryer sheets.
- Think clean: Nothing can interfere with your path to clean clothes more than a dirty washer or dryer. Unfortunately, there’s no way to know whether the last thing in the washer was an entire load of cloth reusable baby diapers or if the previous user went heavy on the bleach. Take special care to wipe out the washer and dryer before you throw your own clothing in. This will help reduce the spread of germs and give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your clothes will actually be clean.
- Check for items left behind: Look inside the appliance for any lingering foreign objects before throwing in your own load. The last user may have left a tube of lipstick behind or a tissue that could do some serious damage to your clothes if left unnoticed. A forgotten red shirt could turn an entire load of white shirts pink.
- Check the settings: Don’t want your clothes to shrink? Then make sure to check the settings. The last user may have turned the heat to scorching hot when drying their own clothing. Your delicate items could be brutalized if it isn’t switched to the appropriate settings. Check all the dials every time to make sure.
- Take advantage of wash-and-fold services: Take the hassle out of laundry day by leaving it to the pros. A laundromat offering wash-and-fold laundry service will take care of everything for you. Just drop the clothing off in the morning and everything will be clean, fresh and ready to go by the end of the day. This is the perfect solution when the clothes are piling up and you don’t have the time to do laundry yourself.
Going to the laundromat in McAllen, TX doesn’t have to be a nightmare. Choose Spin Plus Laundromat for high-quality laundering services you will love. Each of our four locations is staffed around the clock. We offer wash-and-fold services for those with busy schedules, in addition to free Wi-Fi and phone charging stations for customers who prefer to stay close by. Stop by any one of our locations today to learn more!
Categorised in: Laundromat
This post was written by Writer