Doing your laundry at a laundromat is a little bit of a different experience than doing it at home. Because you’re sharing machines with other people and don’t have the luxury of just “setting and forgetting” them, you need to do a little bit of extra planning to make sure you’re going about the chore as efficiently as possible.
With this in mind, here are some tips to consider as you prepare for your first ever visit to a laundromat in McAllen, TX:
- Sort before you arrive: If your goal is to get in and out of the laundromat as quickly as possible, you’re going to want to have your laundry fully sorted before you leave. Have multiple bags packed with each of the loads you’re going to use.
- Treat before you go: In addition to sorting your laundry before you leave, you should also perform any necessary stain pre-treatments. This means you won’t have to carry quite as much into the laundromat with you. You’re already carrying in your laundry, detergent and dryer sheets—why bring in extra stain removers when you can just apply those at home and focus solely on getting the laundry in the wash when you arrive at the laundromat?
- Try going when it won’t be busy: You don’t necessarily have to go in the middle of the night, though if that’s your preference, then by all means, do it! But if you have the flexibility to do so, try going during the middle of a day on a weekday. It’s going to be a lot busier on weekday evenings or on weekends. Obviously, your work schedule might not allow this, but if it does, then you should take advantage of those off hours to get your laundry done.
- Make sure the machine is clean: You should be able to tell pretty easily if the machine is clean before you use it. A quick visual inspection will help, but the biggest indication is actually smell. If it smells funky, use a different machine.
- Have quarters ready: Just in case the machines do not take cards (and most still do not), make sure you have rolls of quarters and that you’re ready to use them. While you can typically get quarters at a change machine at the laundromat, it’s much easier and faster to already have them in hand.
- Double check the settings: Whoever used the machine before you may have customized their own settings, so make sure the settings are right for your needs before you start doing your load.
- Try not to leave clothes unattended: While it can be boring to sit around and wait while your laundry is washing, keep in mind that you leave your clothes unattended at your own risk. What happens to your clothes while you are not present is not the responsibility of the laundromat.
For more information about how to enjoy the best, most efficient experience possible at a laundromat in McAllen, TX, contact the team at Spin Plus Laundromat today.
Categorised in: Laundromat
This post was written by Writer